Edwin Pawlowski

Default About to buy Bandsaw & Jointer, Recommendations?

wrote in message
Consider the Yorkcraft 6" jointer.

http://www.wilkemach.com/OnlineCatal...tail=309904 6
70050126&PreviousCategory=Jointers

This is essentially the same piece as the Delta 37-195, a significant
step-up from the JT360, at a much cheaper price than even the JT360. I

also
hear Wilke does very good setup and double checks on their machines but
couldn't say whether that's true for mail order or just in the showroom.

If you compare the $299 Yorktown (made in China), lever adjustment, to the
37-195, what would you compare the Bridgewood BW-6R to? It is on sale for
$399. It is made in Taiwan. The BW has handwheels on dovetail ways.

Both have a "sale" price on shipping right now.

My needs are light duty and I'd grab one of these before a Jet or Delta if
the quality is OK. Any comments?
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome