Posted to uk.d-i-y
JimK[_2_] JimK[_2_] is offline

Default Flooring - Oiled or Laquered?

On Oct 30, 4:54 pm, "TheScullster" wrote:
"JimK" wrote

to my eye oiled looks better but wears quicker, but is easier to patch
up and dints etc add to the character, lacquer is harder, shinier,
"moderner" and wears slower but could be a PITA to patch (as opposed
to refinish) to get the same shiny crisp "aseptic" finish....

JimK

Thanks Jim - just the feedback I was looking for

Phil

pleasure - indeed some friends had the bumpy "hand scraped" stuff in
their lounge - IMHO it felt *very* odd under bare foot and looked a
bit twee as well - too bumpy to be realistic somehow --- course they
thought it was the dogs proverbials but I expect they couldn't accept
something that cost them that much could be so ..erm..
unimpressive?.....

we have solid oak glued onto concrete then oiled with osmo hardwax oil
- doing OK considering what gets thrown at it - dogs, kids, etc and
not that expensive compared to even some laminates - £25/m2 incll VAT
I paid last time (few years now)

cheers
JimK