Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Nasty no trespassing signs

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Anyway, if you're gonna be all "responsible citizen" on us, your
first call should be to 911 for an AMBULANCE. The entire
conversation should be: "Gunshot victim, (address)." When the
paramedics get there, THEY will call the cops. That way you're not
on the (recorded) hook for what you might say to the police
dispatcher.

If that is how they do it in your area, I would probably quit as
a medic. Everywhere else, you have a gunshot victim call they roll the
cops (probably quite a few) immediately along with the ambulance.
Depending on the area, there are some places where the ambulance
protocols say the cops should secure the area before the medics are
allowed in.

In my area the first words out of the mouth of the 911 operator are "Fire,
police, or ambulance?" and they route you to the proper dispatcher (we have
over twenty police agencies in this county). When you say "gunshot
victim..." to the ambulance dispatcher, the ambulance dispatcher sends the
paramedics then picks up the 'phone and notifies the police.

Which is exactly what I said and a little different from your
assertion that they will call the cops after they get there. You will
still very much be on the recorded hook anyway since almost all of the
EMS 911 centers are recorded.

--
To find that place where the rats don't race
and the phones don't ring at all.