Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Turn thermostat down or leave steady?

I've had those kind of days. I call em "double ended" days.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Lp1331 1p1331" wrote in message
This is veering away from the original question a little,
but -- This
time of year, and also in spring, we have days where it will
be in the
40's in the morning and 80's in the afternoon. I know lot
of people who
turn the heat up to 70 or more in the morning, then by early
afternoon
they have the a/c on. If they would just leave it off and
tolerate being
a couple of degrees cooler for an hour or so in the morning,
the house
would warm up on its own and be comfortable for most of the
day, and
just before it might get a degree or so too warm, the sun
will go down
and it gets comfortable again. They will then have used ZERO
energy
where the others have used both heat and a/c.