Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Turn thermostat down or leave steady?

A couple weeks ago, one of the guys at church mentioned to
me that it's cold in the primary (kids) room. Sure enough,
about 65F. He'd gone in the mechanical room, and turned the
thermostat up a couple degrees. Which didn't help much,
cause the furnace had flamed out. I managed to get it to
restart, and then the kids had heat again.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"jeff_wisnia" wrote in
message
eonecommunications...

Poll question:

How many guys here have wives who mistakenly think that when
warming up
a cooled down house the rate of temperature increase of a
typical home
heating system will be faster if they shove the thermostat
setting all
the way up to 90F than if they just move it to the
appropriate setpoint.

Then of course they forget to reset it when the place
reaches a
comfortable temperature and wait for the man of the house to
snarl, "Why
the hell is it so damn hot in here?"

And visa versa for A/C of course.

It can't just only happen to me. G

Jeff

PS, I realize there may be some HVAC systems which don't
conform to the
above scenario, but they sure aren't in the majority around
here.

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)