Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Turn thermostat down?

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 23:54:40 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on
or about Thu, 29 Oct 2009 21:52:22 -0700 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 20:39:27 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Let the Record show that Lewis Hartswick on
or about Thu, 29 Oct 2009 06:53:05 -0600 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Please forgive me while I troll for a moment.....

Is it energy saving to turn the thermostat down, when
leaving the house? I mean, the furnace has to run to catch
up when I get home. I have a way of looking at the matter.
I'll explain my point of view after the argument is
underway.

That is another one of those, " It Depends".
In this case on how long you will be gone.

Bingo. How long will you be gone, how low you set it, and how
fast does it take for the inside to cool down, and warm back up. If I
live where it is below freezing all the time, and the house is drafty
- I may shut the heat down more when I go out, because I can't afford
to heat all of Kansas! (OTOH, I might want to stand downwind of the
house and enjoy the heat I am paying for.)
If I have a snug warm house, that doesn't cool rapidly (lots of
thermal mass) then it doesn't matter _as much_.

When you come back, what are you going to do? Cooking dinner in
the oven is a good for reheating a house - or at least the kitchen.
B-)

And so it goes.
-

You in Kansas? My sister is single..and working for a Sherriffs
department in Kansas.....

Ooh, sounds interesting.

Alas, I have not lived in Kansas ... ack. Since before she was
born. There were only 48 states! No wait, that was after the start
of Camelot ... never mind. There were fifty. It just seems like it
was shortly after the glaciers receded, when the central sea dried
up...

Interested? Rather a hotty too as it happens.....

Not really my sister..but has been my "sister" for humm...20 yrs now. I
think she is 40..41ish.

If so..Ill turn you on to her face book page..and give you a strong
recommendation......

Alas, that is too far, or not far enough. I'm considering looking
into following the Boeing move.
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

Shrug...you really really dont know what you are missing. The woman can
keep you satisfied till the day you die..which would probably be a week
from next Thursday, given her sex drive.....and skills....

But then...

Gunner

"IMHO, some people here give Jeff far more attention than he deserves,
but obviously craves. The most appropriate response, and perhaps the
cruelest, IMO, is to simply killfile and ignore him. An alternative, if
you must, would be to post the same standard reply to his every post,
listing the manifold reasons why he ought to be ignored. Just my $0.02
worth."