Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Digital TV: Split signal from aerial?

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 10:04:05 +0000 someone who may be Howard Coakley
wrote this:-

Is there a degradation in signal if I split it 3 ways from the aerial?

Yes.

Whether this is a problem or not depends on how strong the signal is
at the aerial. If it is strong then splitting it three ways should
still leave enough signal at each outlet for most freeview
boxes/televisions, provided the splitting is done properly.

There are perhaps two sites you should study
http://www.aerialsandtv.com/ and http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/
in order to gain an understanding of the options.

If you have not yet bought the aerial there is a lot in those sites
you should be aware of before buying.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54