Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Do dimmer switches work with Low Energy Bulbs?

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 18:02:14 +0000 someone who may be Bruce
wrote this:-

Calder Hall had a good safety record. The major problems were at the
original, adjacent Windscale site, where the 1957 fire in Pile 1 was
the worst nuclear accident on record until Three Mile Island and later
Chernobyl.

Are you trying to tell us that the various disasters at
Chelyabinsk-65/40 [1] were not as bad as the incident (a near
disaster, but not a disaster) at Three Mile Island? That
Krasnoyarsk-26 has had no effect on the surrounding area?

I will grant you that the Tomsk-7 explosion was after Three Mile
Island (and Chernobyl).

[1] I have used the cold war names. The various disasters can be
looked up in a search engine using the three names. There is a list
of locations at
http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/russia/nuclear_fac.htm

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh