Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill[_18_] Bill[_18_] is offline

Default [Totally OT] Freecycle

In message , Tim W
writes
It looks like freecycle.org are running exim on *nix (linux probably)
so there is *much* hope for them. I would definatley be interested in
getting in on that.

Does this mean that some are no longer Yahoo bound? Here, we seem to
have migrated to freegle on Yahoo Groups, if I've understood what is
going on.

I have never felt any affinity to Yahoo Groups, my initial sign in to
Freecycle forced me into some obsolete user name that now means nothing
and in the context makes me look as if I might be a bit of a weirdo. Add
to this that other unmoderated Yahoo groups let through spam that is
bounced by my ISP's filter and thus Yahoo keeps requiring me to confirm
that I still exist, and it's almost unworkable.

I've recently pointed a young underpaid shop worker at Freecycle. His
hours clash with the moderator's hours, so he has always been too late
to take advantage of the pulses of postings. It's been a complete
washout for him so far.

I've just given away 20+ AMD K6-based PC's to 9 takers. I delivered
some, and 3 had old Land Rovers in the paths, so I feel they have gone
to good homes.
--
Bill