Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim W[_2_] Tim W[_2_] is offline

Default [Totally OT] Freecycle

Bruce
wibbled on Friday 30 October 2009 10:09

Then stop moaning and whining, and volunteer as a moderator.

I might do that in a few months. But why scupper the service with
unnecessary work? IME one rarely needs to fully moderate a group. Once a
poster is verified not to be a spammer, there's simply no need. If the
poster turns out to be posting inappropriate material or acting in an
inappropriate way, then ban them or switch moderation on for them alone.
The very occasional bad post slipping in is better than running the whole
system in a bursty fashion, especially as the timely delivery of TAKEN
messages *is* important.

It would be more effective use of my skills to help them run the system in
general seeing as that's my area, which I've already said I should offer in
a few months.

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...