Peter Ashby

Default singing... where are all the DIY stores gone...

In article ,
Dave wrote:

I'm sure Dundee is a great place - but a bit far for me to go :-)

Well I've never been to Bristol, but a Bristolian student of my
aquaintance says its much better than Dundee. Me, I think Dundee's
problem is that people think about it how it used to be, instead of what
it is becoming.

Seriously though I just had some chap hunting around for PVA - "nope we don't
do
it". It's a new store and maybe just getting up to speed. Our partuclar one
seems a very meagre place after the Focus that was there before.

It sounds like a problem with both being new and with undertrained
staff. Ours is getting a minor facelift at the moment and I couldn't
find what I wanted the other day. I wouldn't dream of asking the staff
for much in a Wickes though they do try to be helpful. Our nearest Focus
is in Arbroath and I have to say that having been there twice I was
distinctly underwhelmed. The only good thing I have to say about Focus
is that having taken over Wickes they are leaving it pretty much alone
to occupy its market space.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.