Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default woodburning stove for office/shop

Roger Shoaf wrote:
A neat idea is a wood burning furnace that sits outside. This heats
a water jacket and then you pump the water to a heat exchanger in the
office/shop.

Inside no soot, no bugs and you can stack the wood close to the
furnace instead of lugging it inside and lugging the ashes back out.

Completely illegal in Washington state.

"coloradotrout" wrote in message
My office is in the 12x24 section of my 36x24 shop. All 36x24 is
insulated - walls and ceilings. The office side has 2 man doors -
one to the outside and the other to the shop. The shop-side has a
couple of garage doors.

The 12x24 has a 220v electric heater.

I have plenty of hardwood on the property to heat - hedge, locust,
oak.

#1 priority is to heat the office, Mon - Friday 10 hours a day
#2 is to heat the shop as needed
#3 is to heat in the event we lose power to the house and need to
live in the office/shop for a few days.

Any thoughts on a low cost wood burning stove? Hedge burns hot --
I've heard stories of it turning stoves red.

I have a simple, low-slope, gabel roof, in case that influences the
chimney pipe.