Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Toolboxes then/now

"Lee Michaels" wrote in
:

"krw" wrote

I use mine until I can build a permanent place to keep them, then
store them for the next move. What frosts me is the total lack of
storage space in most of the cases. Wouldn't it make sense to leave
room for a drill index in a cordless drill case? At least the case
for my Dewalt circular saw has a decent place to keep blades.

I worked at on job where the homeowner gave me the task of trying to
figure out how to get his circular saw into it's molded case. It took
me a half hour! I apologized. I was told that in ten hours he never
figurted it out. Talk about a puzzle. It was the most anti-intuitive
design possible. What kind of sadist engineer designs a case that
can't be used.

We've got a Skil circular saw like that. The only use I found for it was
hiding an old metal drill from myself for years!

If you look at plastic cases as packaging material, you're probably
looking at them like most companies look at them. If you look at them as
storage, you'll be sadly disappointed...

Puckdropper
--
Can you get a Masters degree in packaging design?