Posted to rec.woodworking
basilisk[_2_] basilisk[_2_] is offline

Default Toolboxes then/now

krw wrote:

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 20:18:28 -0500, basilisk
wrote:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 10/29/2009 1:35 PM 'lektric dan spake thus:

Found this thread on Make online:

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/200..._and_then.html
It's a photo of a contemporary plastic B&D ROS tool box and an
older oak one that held a valve grinder. The box now would cost
more than the tool inside. I'm working on a similar project; a
set of custom took boxes for small hand tools. I'm going shopping
first thing Black Friday for the tools. I'll be using pre-made
"carcasses" from Hobby Lobby and applying inlays and veneers on
the outside and who knows on the inside. Will post back when it's
done.

Good for you.

I think all plastic toolboxes ought to be carted over to the
nearest active volcano and thrown inside the caldera.

Speaking of plastic tool boxes, how many use the plastic totes that
all power tools seem to come in? Once I extract the tools I might as
well throw the boxes away, I never use them again.

I use mine until I can build a permanent place to keep them, then
store them for the next move. What frosts me is the total lack of
storage space in most of the cases. Wouldn't it make sense to leave
room for a drill index in a cordless drill case? At least the case
for my Dewalt circular saw has a decent place to keep blades.

Likewise, my Hitachi circular saw case has room for blade storage, but
I can't get past the thought that it would have cost $15 less without
the blow molded box.

Ok, I'm a tightwad

basilisk
--