Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_5_] krw[_5_] is offline

Default What duct work do I buy for dust collection

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 15:40:18 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

"Steve Turner" wrote in message
Leon wrote:

It *is* loud, but it just seems like overkill to me, kinda like watering
my lawn with a fire hose, and who knows how much extra electricity it
chews up! :-) It's a 2HP 220V cyclone with a 7" input port, and it can
suck the chrome off a trailer hitch. My router table has a little 2" port
for the cabinet and a 1-1/4" port for the fence. I'm afraid the collector
is going to suck the router right out of the table!

I see..... I don't think it would actually suck the bit out of the router
UNLESS you have a Craftsman router in there. ;~)

Nah, Crapsman routers suck more than that.

I am just waithing for the day I suck up my remote with the end of my hose
when cleaning up.

I've been wondering the same thing. I tied one to the end of the
fence rail and put the other away in the closet. ;-)