Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner Steve Turner is offline

Default What duct work do I buy for dust collection

Doug Winterburn wrote:
Steve Turner wrote:
It *is* loud, but it just seems like overkill to me, kinda like
watering my lawn with a fire hose, and who knows how much extra
electricity it chews up! :-) It's a 2HP 220V cyclone with a 7" input
port, and it can suck the chrome off a trailer hitch. My router table
has a little 2" port for the cabinet and a 1-1/4" port for the fence.
I'm afraid the collector is going to suck the router right out of the
table!

Make a manifold box so you can run the smaller hoses out of it, and if
needed (partially) open one or more of the smaller ports.

- Doug

Well, I *was* be a little over-dramatic about the suckage. I usually just open a blast gate
somewhere else to keep the collector from trying to suck a bowling ball through a straw hose.

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.