Posted to uk.d-i-y
brass monkey brass monkey is offline

Default why oh why ...

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember "Duncan Di Saudelli"
saying something like:

So why aren't the bolt "loops" made to be (bolt diameter + 50%) in
size, to allow for misalignment?

(for reference: http://www.efanlock.com/files/Door_Bolt.jpg the bit
on the left's diameter is too small for the bit on the right)

Because it's cheaper to cut them from the same piece of profile.

And the people who design/make/import/wholesale/retail them don't give a
toss about the poor buggers who install them. The list is endless.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

If you have loose ones they rattle like hell on your bog door.