Posted to uk.d-i-y
mark mark is offline

Default [Totally OT] Freecycle

"Tim W" wrote in message
Is a wonderful concept. Just off loaded some outgrown kids stuff to good
homes very quickly, prior to our move next week. Sort of stuff you'd get
10
quid for if that after waiting a week on ebay and impractical to post...

Pity that the mailing list software is so crap though. Yahoo groups is the
devil's rectum (what an awful signup procedure and then have to wait for
moderator approval on each and every group which can take 48 hours...) and
the emails are very bursty - eg many hours for a TAKEN message to appear
if
it ever does, so spend ages replying to loads of people that it's gone

The new web/email interface some of the other groups are using has
potential, but the emails are totally erratic (yes I have emailed the
admins). Anyone else noticed that?

Cheers

I am a member of my local group, now called Freegle. I have set it up so
that emails come direct into their own folder within Outlook Express.
Filters dump 'Taken' and 'Wanted' messages into 'Deleted Items'. Works
fine. Just remember that these groups are run by volunteers and don't
really appreciate 'advice'.

I don't go to Yahoo Groups at all, and get the messages as soon as they are
posted.

mark