Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default why oh why ...

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 20:18:02 +0000, Duncan Di Saudelli wrote:

... do "they" (the manufacturers) make the bit that the bolt shuts into the
same diameter, but for a few microns, as the bolt shaft?

You can probably drill the "loop" out a little to give it a bit more
slack. I think they're usually pretty soft metal. I know what you mean for
those types of bolts, though.

If it's something like a back door or outside door I'll usually use a
larger bolt, and those do have a bit more 'slop' in them. I've usually
seen those smaller bolts on internal doors (bedrooms etc.) where sagging's
less of a problem.