Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim.... tim.... is offline

Default B&Q self checkout machines

"Piers Finlayson" wrote in message

On 29/10/2009 13:33, in article
,
"Derek Geldard" wrote:

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 11:30:07 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On 29 Oct 2009 10:19:20 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

I haven't been to morrisons since they introduced the trolleys
that
you have to put a £1 in to use. I had no cash with me at the
time
and the staff refused to help. I now always shop elsewhere.

Aye, another reason for not liking Morrisons, that and the habit of
blocking the isles with silly little offer baskets and the awful
drab/dark yellow and black colour scheme. The Penrith store was quite
light and airy when it was Safeway, turns into a dingy dim place when
Morrisons took it over (and bought in the "pay" trollys).

Don't you carry small change in the car for parking, etc?

Why? Do you have to pay for parking?

I carry one of those pound shaped discs on my keyring.

So do I but on some trollies at the only place I that I know has
these things it doesn't work.

Make sure your not using it upside down ! (no matter which side the
LOGO / Design is on, alternatively try another from a different
source. I paid for a Gt Ormond Stone which only worked one way up the
one I have now works all ways up !

Derek

I find that a 20 Euro cent coin works a treat, and a one Euro works at a
push (and a pull to get the thing out again).

Alternatively, the ones that take two children often don't require money.

does it refund the children at the end or does the shop get to keep them?

tim