Scott Lurndal

Default Question on flag display case

Mark writes:

PC Gameplayer wrote:

Hi all:

My dad just passed away last week--since he was a USMC veteran, he got
a military funeral. As a tribute I wanted to build a flag display
case--I looked in google groups and found several different plans, but
I've got a dumb question: are the flags they put on a vet's coffin
always the same size? And what would be the final dimensions of a
display case?

If I were you I would take it to someone who mounts and frames cross
stitch and the like.

Generally you'll display a flag like this as it was folded by
the Honor Guard. That usually means a glass-front triangular
case. Sealing the interior of the case with shellac should
prevent leaching of 'chemicals' from the case to the flag.

Build the case to fit the flag, if you already have it.

scott