Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Truss support

On Oct 28, 5:14*pm, c1gmlm wrote:
I have a pole barn with pre-built trusses on 2 foot centers. I would
like to put a loft at one end to increase my storage. Is it possible
to reinforce the rafter so that I could remove parts of the truss to
make it possible to move around easier when in the loft?

Thanks
Mike

I did that in an attic space. The solution I employeed was to
reinforce every alternate truss and leave the ones between alone.
That made enough space to move around without having to completely
rely on my "off the cuff" reinforcement strategy.