Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_2_] Jon Danniken[_2_] is offline

Default Getting rid of the neighbor cats

SteveB wrote:
"Joe"wrote:
"Master Betty" wrote:
"LouB" wrote:
Called your local animal control folks?

That's a good one. I called AC and they said they'll be right out.
That was 3 months ago.

Squeaky wheel. You're having the crap bugged out of you, right? Bug the
crap out of animal control. Call them enough, and they'll
come out just to shut you up. Seriously.

No, it shouldn't have to be that way, but that's the way it is.

You are either an optimist, or live in an area where they will
actually come out. In 95% of the country, they will not even come
out unless you have the animal trapped on YOUR property.

That's pretty much the way it is around here. I called them once to ask if
I could trap them, and they told me I would have to first inform my
neighbors that I was intending to trap them. Trapping can also yield a
crying, trapped animal, garnering the attention of everyone around, and I
don't want to be known as someone who does that sort of thing, or someone to
whom everyone runs with accusations when their precious little fluffy goes
missing.

I have to live here, after all, and humans are unpredictable creatures,
especially when they have somewhere to point their bony little fingers at.

So, I'm looking at behavior modification, either via electricity or, as was
suggested water. I like the water idea, but this being winter, and it being
prone to freezing around here, I'm leaning towards going with electricity.

Plus, the ground is wet, so there is a good ground.

Would love to hear if anyone else has had success with that method.

Jon