Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Crate BV150H tube/valve amp

Looks like the same colours but not necessarily the same taps.

Monitored the total primary resistance and marked, removed/replaced spade
connections until 3 spade connectors blue , grey and black removed without
affecting reading . Leaving blue+white stripe, white,brown and violet as the
primary.

Powering up on 199V wrt to neutral the free wires read
blue 190.3
grey 86.4
black 206

wrt live
blue 8.3
grey 120
black 8.8V

is this the setting for 210V, 230V or 240V ?, I'm trying to get the maximum
number of turns as the primary. I'm thinking I need to swap the blue+white
with the black lead. If complete agreement with that Blue Voodoo 60 then the
existing wiring is undefined on that chart, the J numbering does not tally
with this one

Broke into the 6L6 , I thought the caesium getter went white immediately but
takes a few minutes, envelope safely sealed separately now.
The outer grey metalwork anode had a bright metal spot adjascent to where
the black envelope staining was. Cutting half the anode away revealed a bare
metal patch on the otherwise white coating of the cathode, no pools of metal
or smoke trails, G1 winding looked fine. I'm surprised how tough the
mica/composite ? spacers are compared to similar I've seen inside toasters

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England