Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Thinner or Mineral Spirits?

On 10/29/2009 4:39 AM Steve Turner spake thus:

Robatoy wrote:

What I like about Varsol, is that it is cheap. It won't screw up your
$ 30.00 Purdy brush. The other so-called cleaners and thinners don't
go near my arsenal of Purdy's. (I love those round pointed french sash
brushes...)

I have to hide my Purdys. My wife gets a hold of them while I'm away at work, then has NO
idea how to clean them out. When it comes to women I've mostly learned when to keep my
mouth shut, but these little episodes completely blow it for me! :-)

Please don't tar all women with that same brush.

I have a client--a woman--who's *far* more fastidious about cleaning and
maintaining her painting tools than I am. And I'm not particularly a
slouch about such things; I value my few good paintbrushes.

--
Who needs a junta or a dictatorship when you have a Congress
blowing Wall Street, using the media as a condom?

- harvested from Usenet