Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen[_6_] Stephen[_6_] is offline

Default microwave oven broken

Hello,

I have a Panasonic NNA755W microwave/grill/oven and the microwave does
not work. Last night we used it as a conventional oven and it worked
but there was a burning smell. When we tried to use it at lunchtime
today as a microwave, it switched itself off after a couple of
seconds. When we tried again it whirred for a bit longer but it did
not heat the food, and a third time it switched itself off after a few
seconds again. It is now unplugged. I realise microwave repairs are
not DIY and I don't intend to do so, but does anyone know how much I
should expect to pay for someone to look at it? I'm in the Midlands.
I'm wondering whether it would be cheaper to buy a new one. Probably
it would for just a cheap microwave only but this is a combination
oven so I wonder if it might be cheaper to repair?

Thanks,
Stephen.