Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default woodburning stove for office/shop

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 22:18:19 -0500, K wrote:
UL basically certifies that electrical things will FAIL safely, and could
only underwrite the electrics of a stove. For a wood stove that would mean
the blowers or whatever if they're present. I think someone is confusing the
EPA certification with UL.

Yeah, maybe they are - although the interesting thing is that we called
around ten different insurance companies, and UL approval was what they
*all* asked about. Maybe it's some odd competitive thing and they're all
watching what each other is ofering - once one of 'em mistakenly puts UL
approval as a requirement in their policies all the others automatically
follow without really checking facts first...

cheers

Jules