Posted to uk.d-i-y
clot clot is offline

Default So who's paying for this bit of ecobollox ... ?

dennis@home wrote:
"Clot" wrote in message

I agree with your general approach. It is driving safely under the
conditions such as you describe not foolish adherence to limits to
avoid technical transgression and more importantly not creating
danger by driving at the speed limit when conditions do not allow.

What stops the speed limit being the maximum speed you drive at?
Just because you think it is safer to drive above a speed limit
doesn't mean you have to.
Doing so just puts you in the class of drivers that don't care.
The next thing you will be doing is jumping lights because you can see
nothings coming, or driving the wrong way up one way streets because
you can see nothing coming, or ignoring turn restriction, etc.
You will be like geoff where everything that happens on the roads is
someone else's fault.

It is, but it is possible to be caught out as I have explained. They've just
gone and moved another restriction from 70 to 50 mph by a hundred yards or
so locally that I shall have to remember!