Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So who's paying for this bit of ecobollox ... ?

Derek Geldard wrote:
On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 03:43:16 +0000, Rod
wrote:

Clot wrote:

The flat bed coal wagons on the streets with loose sacks on the back. The
poor buggers carrying 1 cwt of coal.

Them were the days?

Or 2cwt before WWI.

Jesus H Christ on a bike. No wonder *all* the men (meaning all the
dads) in the street I grew up in were played out sometime between 50
- 55.

I was just thinking to myself "He's got that wrong, they were only
half a hundredweight".

No a cwt.

which isn't that much. 50kG appx.

Elfin Safety puts a limit of 35kg on what you may lift regularly.

I can do 50kg, but I'd rather not.

Remembering that the "coalman" would carry sacks of coal right
throught the house to where the coal was stored even upstairs or down,
and leaving a trail of coal dust and black smears on the decorations
wherever he went.

Yup.

Derek