Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek Geldard Derek Geldard is offline

Default Do dimmer switches work with Low Energy Bulbs?

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 08:19:32 +0000, David Hansen
wrote:

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 22:19:42 -0000 someone who may be "David WE
Roberts" wrote this:-

(1) There has been plenty of action on the supply of CFLs but a remarkable
lack of action on the disposal, even though they allegedly contain harmful
chemicals and should not just be ditched in land fill.

I have not checked the figures myself, but I have heard a number of
people state that more mercury is emitted in generating the extra
electricity needed to power old fashioned lamps, assuming that
generation is at the UK mix.

Probably true.

It's also true that coal fired power stations emit more radioactivity
than nuclear ones.

So, the solution is simple, want it spelled out ?

Derek