Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheScullster TheScullster is offline

Default Removing adhesive

"F" wrote

I'm in the process of removing some expanded polystyrene coving.
Unfortunately, the large blobs of adhesive which held it to the ceiling
are staying with the ceiling rather than the coving. It looks very much
like Evostik (though I thought that didn't stick polystyrene) and isn't
wanting to move.

Anyone got any thoughts on a solution (pun intended!)?

TIA

Be a bit careful if you are using a scraper for prolongued periods overhead!
I ended up with tendonitis after a similar exercise.
Also check the base coat on the ceiling. If it's artex, it may contain
asbestos.
OK it should be the low risk stuff, but at least wear a dust mask.

Phil