Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 1920's wiring....

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 22:18:09 -0500, Steve Barker

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 19:50:31 -0500, Steve Barker

Not to mention we'd have to use lead-free solder today if we were
soldering joints - and that is a REAL PITA.
Why? I thought the lead free scam was only on plumbing.

Nope - it's invaded electronics too - Most computers, TVs etc in the
last 5 years are lead free - and a royal P.I.T.A. to repair because of
it

who repairs electronics? LOL!

I still do, when parts are available. Getting hard to buy non surface
mount components as simple as capacitors though.