Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Thinner or Mineral Spirits?

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in message
m...

Does mineral spirits evaporate faster than thinner?

Seems unreasonable given that paint thinner is primarily if not entirely
mineral spirits. This information is based on the various cans I've looked
at over the years...

Primarily, but there is a difference. I also notice that mineral spirits
washes off of my hands more readily with out soap than thinner does.

Try wrapping the paint wet brush in plastic wrap during lunch rather than
cleaning the brush.

Brushes have to be cleaned periodically during the day any way. Avoiding
cleaning is problematic.

--OR-- Spin the brush to get rid of the fluid trapped in
the heel and then dry well with paper towels and wrap the brush in
newspaper to absorb fluid during lunch. It helps to suspend the brush by
the handle, bristles down so that gravity helps the fluid migrate out of
the heel.

Seems to be a moot point at this point, the Mineral spirits seem to solve
the problem. I was hoping to get an answer as to what the real differences
in the two are.