Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default What duct work do I buy for dust collection

"jtpr" wrote in message
I have a Delta DC with a 4" intake. I see pictures of shops all the
time with metal ductwork running around the shop for use with similar
units, but when I look around the local HD I don't find anything that
seems to match up with the 4" hoses.

What is it I use for this?

Thanks,
Jim

I finally bit the bullet about 3-4 years ago and bought a canister 1100 CFM
Jet DC. All of my equipment is mobile so I simply use 2, 10' clear flexable
hoses to make a single 20' hose that reaches most any where in the shop. I
have no plans to upgrade. For closer equipment the hose hangs from a hook
at the ceiling near the DC. I take it down if I need to go farther with it.
I added a quick taper connect to the end for fast connection and disconnect.
Totally dependable and trouble free. Cost, about $50.