Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” will be in Buffalo, NY Nov. 7 to Nov. 14, 2009

Nova wrote:
Although no one is at liberty to tell me who or exactly where the build
will take place ...

That "feature" would be enough I'd decline on that basis alone...I'm
also sure I'd not fit into the manufactured drama inherent in the
premise.

The other problems described are inherent risks of the bidness of trying
to help. It has always amazed me at the lack of appreciation one can
find in some cases even when the effort is gratis and, for example,
repairing severe storm damage after FEMA and other short-term agencies
are done (our particular organization is the one most responsible for
the longer-term cases after all other resources available have either
been exhausted or aren't applicable). OTOH, one occasionally meets some
really outstanding folks that makes up for a hundred or two of the
not-so-nice, thankfully!