Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DANCBQ DANCBQ is offline

Default re thinking garage/ceiling in shop

On Oct 18, 7:40*am, stryped wrote:
I am re thinking the osb and debating on attempting to install drywall
myself even though I have never worked with it. My question is, I put
a drain in my floor so I could pressure wash my floor and maybe
occassionally wash a car inside the building. Would painted drywall be
ok in this situaltion or if it ever gets wet from one of these
activities will it ruin it?

I ordered a book on drywall and am going to go through it before I
make a decision but I appreciate any advice.

One thought, would a suspended ceiling work good in a garage?

lots of good answers personally would use the fiberglass sheets over
the cement board myself also as far as the suspended ceiling there is
a fiberglass rail system for that also ran across it years ago while
building a commercial freezer for a previous employeer if you use it
though save yourself some money and buy whole sheets of the panel
material and cut the tilers to size yourself