Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default So who's paying for this bit of ecobollox ... ?

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 12:32:58 -0500, Jules
wrote:

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 13:20:32 +0000, T i m wrote:
This seems relevant (WS) 2:15 onwards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAGJpISVERg

Ha, ta for that. My missus was amazed when she was over in the UK and saw
signs at the side of the road reminding people to think...

The frightening thing is it's true though. Even insurance Co's paying
out simply bogus claims because it will be cheaper, not because it's
the morally correct thing to do. This includes it seems paying those
who are stupid enough to drive whilst holding a cup of coffee between
their legs the suing because they get scalded (or whatever).

(have they installed any that say "breathe" yet, you know, just in case?)

Who knows where it will stop.

The thing is, much of this over zealous PC / HSE stuff is affecting
everyone. Kids not getting work opportunity because Co's can't tick
enough boxes and / or don't want the risks.

The worst for me are all the ambulance chasers. I've heard that
motorbike shops (and car garages no doubt) can get a cash kick-back if
they get a customer to hire a vehicle while their claim is sorted out
through the insurance Co rather than take a loan bike for free ...
because they can earn money out of the hire etc.

T i m