Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default B&Q self checkout machines

Rod wrote:
Stuart Noble wrote:

I find Lidl staff perfectly helpful, and not in that scripted way either

Has been my experience also. I would actually put their pleasantness
more or less equal with Waitrose and ahead of most others. But it is
obviously something that will vary from store to store.

And don't you get sick of the empty 'Do you need any help packing?' so
many stores train them to say. And the 'How are you today?' or similar -
especially when you are having a really bad day. I really hate being put
in the position of lying ('Fine thanks.') or having to express my misery
du jour.

Or muttering under your breath, "WTF has it got to do with you how I am?"

(Actually I am not that miserable a git. :-) )

Actually you probably are, but then you're also probably over 40, so
it's understandable :-).