Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So who's paying for this bit of ecobollox ... ?

Mark wrote:
On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 12:54:51 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Mark wrote:
********. The stupid are likely to "breed like rabbits" no matter
what the system is. The current benefits system does not encourage
having children. It costs far more to raise a child than you can get
from the state.

But it does not cost far more to feed them junk and let them run wild.

Child benefit is a godsend for many hardworking parents.

And a godsend for the terminally useless. you tot up what you get paid
as an unmarried mother with 5 kids..

Exactly the same as a hardworking married couple with 5 children.

ER no, they end up with LESS actually: you lose benefits when you work.

The truth is there are far more single parents in this world that are
only in their predicament through no fault of their own than there are
single parents who deliberately set out to be like this.

I dont think they set out to be like that, it happens, and there is no
reason *not* to let it happen.

Compare and contrast the 20's and 30's say, where to be an unmarried
mother was to be socially beyond the pale, and to get married required
that at least the man had a steady job, and enough income before the
girl would, quite rightly, consider it.

Or even more than a quick fuumble in teh bushes.

People will always have sex and make babies: Its the easiest thing in
the world. There needs to be a strong incentive NOT too. Or else we are
all headed for a completely impoverished society. We are GROSSLY
overpopulated already.

Harsh individually it may be, but collectively we need to stop
supporting childbirth.