Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Do dimmer switches work with Low Energy Bulbs?

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:32:25 +0000 someone who may be Mark
wrote this:-

I think the ban was really introduced as a result of lobbying from the
manufacturers of CFLs

Really.

On the one hand they have production lines which churn out
established designs. These are sold for a relatively low price.

On the other hand they churn out newer designs, sold for a higher
price, but I suspect the profit per unit sold isn't great.

If I was a lamp manufacturer I would lobby for me to be able to keep
producing the old designs, while still selling the new design at a
higher price.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54