Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim.... tim.... is offline

Default B&Q self checkout machines

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Bruce wrote:
On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 14:59:23 +0000, Tim W wrote:
I notice that both my local Waitroses (Tonbridge and Paddock Wood)
always seem to have the same faces around, even after umpteen years -
and we're not talking the older generation either. And nothing's too
much trouble for them.

Says something about them, if they can attract, train and retain a good
calibre of staff.

The big difference between Waitrose and the rest (ASDA, Tesco,
Morrisons etc.) is that Waitrose attracts a better class of shopper.

Not having to deal with chavs and other assorted scum can only make it
easier for Waitrose staff to be pleasant, polite, helpful and - dare I
say it - probably a lot happier in their jobs.

Can you name a Waitrose within easy reach of a 'chav' area?

Mine is.

(You get a clue that you've just moved to a chav area when going to register
for council tax, the first question is "what benefits are you on?" and the
second question is "are you sure you're not on any benefits?", I kid you
not, I was lost for words!)

tim