Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default So who's paying for this bit of ecobollox ... ?

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 03:00:07 -0700 (PDT), Andy Dingley
wrote:

On 27 Oct, 01:03, "Arfa Daily" wrote:

Obviously, there is some heavy duty subsidisation going on here somewhere.

There is government pressure on electricity companies to reduce the
CO2 impact of their generation.

The metric for this is written in such a way that cutting consumption
counts as reducing emissions, just as much as more efficient
generation would.

It's cheaper for electricity companies to hand out free CFLs than to
change plant. They still gain the government credit for emission
reduction.

If you hand out CFLs (or loft insulation) for free, few people want
it. If you "sell" it for a trivial sum, if flies off the shelves.

Where can I get free CFLs? I could do with some.

--
(\__/) M.
[Reply-to address valid until it is spammed.]