Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default Not My trim...

On Oct 27, 1:17*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Oct 27, 2:49*pm, RicodJour wrote:

On Oct 27, 1:56*pm, Red Green wrote:

RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 27, 1:19*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I'd like to know what that eye hook is *barely* holding up.

Nothing important - just the electric service.

If your premise is right in that they have electricity. Possible redneck
clothesline I guess.

It's an observation, not a premise. *You can see the service cable
looping down below.

"It's an observation... You can see the service cable looping down
below."

Just for fun, I'm donning my lawyer's wig - the British kind, not the
fungus.

Fact: I know that a single stranded cable is attached to the hook.
Fact: I know that there are 2 sections of black cable shown in the
lower portion of the picture.

Fact: I do not know that the black cable is the electrical service
cable for this house.
Fact: I do not know that the single stranded cable from the hook is
attached to the black cable.
Fact: I do not know that the 2 sections of black cable are connected
to each other.

Anything other than what can be directly observed is speculation.

I'm pretty sure I know what the wires in the photo are.

phone line.......bare wire is the "strain relief" / "tension tie"
taking the "pole to house load.
The loop is the telephone conductor coming off the pole to house line.

I might still have one ot these in my garage from when my land line
connection (very old) went away.....unless I tossed in a recent clean
up.

cheers
Bob