Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default woodburning stove for office/shop

"Bill" wrote in message
Then the insurance company will want to come out and inspect the
installation. They will want to see a building permit which shows the
installation of the stove/chimney was inspected and passed. They will want
to take measurements from stove to walls and hearth. Will want to see the
label on the back of the stove. And will want to know brand/model.
(Measurements differ depending on specific model of woodstove.)

The building inspector (at least in my area) will want to see the
manufacturer's installation instructions as to distances the stove can be
from the wall, hearth measurements in instructions (if you have a wood
floor), and an EPA label on the back of the woodstove.

No one has ever come out to check my stove or ask for a permit as they are
not required here.