Rick Hughes

Default Screwfix

"Rick Dipper" wrote in message
I am having a nightmare with Screwfix, who deposited my order with a

neghbour 8 days after I orderd it.
I needed the items, so I re-orderd to a different address, and they came.

The neighbour got upset at the orignal delivery, so I collected them from

her house and the goods are on my drive.
At no time have I or anybody else ever signed for delivery.

Terms and conditions item 3 appears to apply
"A valid signature will be required on collection or delivery."
To which I say, no signature, thefore not delivered, you can take them

away, I ain't paying.
The items are still in transit.

They say (terms and conditions item 3)
"Immediately prior to despatch of the goods to you, title in the goods

will pass to you."

Unfortunately if you accept their t&c's then you accept this.

A solicitor may be able to argue that this is unreasonable, but can you
afford the legal costs ?