Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default I need a bit of help...

Thanks Ian,

You have certainly come up with an idea or two to get things rolling.
A different perspective always helps...

The only minor problem with any of it is the AP mount point.
It has to articulate (3d) because it's not in plane with the tiller
attach point. the auto pilot actuator does that to - both ends.

I was stuck trying to figure out how to get the internal threaded bits
attached. I don't have a bottle screw handy for reference, but I do
have a larger turnbuckle. Hmmm...

I hadn't thought of the multiple sockets idea either.
Cool.
she will sail herself pretty steady close hauled or broad reach.
But there is probably 3 or 4 inches difference in tiller position
between he two.

I've used the "line looped a couple of times over the tiller and tied
to the rails" trick myself since forever. It works. But the set up
time, and the obstructions on both sides of the cockpit, and the line
moving fore/aft on the tiller (which changes the setup) make it less
than ideal.

reset and rethink?