Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default How to rewire backyard security camera properly?

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 12:08:01 -0700, Smitty Two wrote:
For the record, shrink tubing is typically supplied to the industry in
one of two ways: A spool of 200', or a box of 25 pcs @ 4' ea. (100'
total.) The adhesive lined stuff to which you refer is indeed the best
for the application, and it's also typically sold as above.

Interesting. I've only ever bought it from electronics parts suppliers,
and just quoted the length I need (usually several feet at a time), so I
didn't realise there were a couple of standards (other than some
theoretical maximum reel size :-)

Another not-widely-known but useful tidbit about shrink tubing is that
it comes in different shrink ratios.

now that I didn't know, and might be useful - I've coped with the
'different diameters' problem before by using a couple of bits of
overlapped heatshrink (of appropriate diameter) on the smaller part to
bring it up to about the same diameter as the larger part, then
heatshrinking the whole lot - but it's hardly elegant.

cheers

Jules