Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So who's paying for this bit of ecobollox ... ?

Jules wrote:
On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 10:26:59 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
"Arfa Daily" writes:
So there we have it. Lots of responses in 12 hours, and not a single one
seems to be in favour of these dreadful things, so why are we all sitting on

Well, actually I do favour the things, but this government
initiative, just like all government initiatives, is a complete
failure, and much more likely to have the opposite effect than
the one desired.

If they gave me some form of cost breakdown of materials
extraction/processing, manufacture, delivery, and disposal for both CFLs
and incandescents I'd be happier. As it stands, "CFLs use less energy
in use" just leaves me wondering about the bigger picture (particularly
as we need the heating on for 6 months of the year around here).

Well that energy is all used in China so its Not Out Probolem, and the
things are probably disposed of in china, too..

cheers

Jules