Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete Verdon Pete Verdon is offline

Default B&Q self checkout machines

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Bruce wrote:

Not having to deal with chavs and other assorted scum can only make it
easier for Waitrose staff to be pleasant, polite, helpful and - dare I
say it - probably a lot happier in their jobs.

Can you name a Waitrose within easy reach of a 'chav' area?

The Portswood branch in Southampton.

OK, "chav" is probably unfair, but the area certainly isn't noted as
home to the stereotypical Waitrose shopper. Mostly Eastern European
immigrants and students; more than half the houses on my road are HMOs.
I quite like living here, but the Waitrose always seemed a bit out of place.

Pete