Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q self checkout machines

In article ,
Bruce wrote:
On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 14:59:23 +0000, Tim W wrote:
I notice that both my local Waitroses (Tonbridge and Paddock Wood)
always seem to have the same faces around, even after umpteen years -
and we're not talking the older generation either. And nothing's too
much trouble for them.

Says something about them, if they can attract, train and retain a good
calibre of staff.

The big difference between Waitrose and the rest (ASDA, Tesco,
Morrisons etc.) is that Waitrose attracts a better class of shopper.

Not having to deal with chavs and other assorted scum can only make it
easier for Waitrose staff to be pleasant, polite, helpful and - dare I
say it - probably a lot happier in their jobs.

Can you name a Waitrose within easy reach of a 'chav' area?

And no, I'm not being a snob, because I shop mainly in Tesco,
Sainsbury's and Morrisons - my town doesn't have a Waitrose.

Oh dear. ;-)

--
*If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.